Friday, March 20, 2015

This Is Why I LOVE Houseplants!

I think you all know at this point that I love houseplants. Why? Because my Grandma Eldred did, my Grandma Baldwin did (she died when I was three so don't remember, but have heard) and my Mom does, too. But, the biggest reason is the fact that on this cold first day of Spring in Michigan, these are all blooming in my home. Who needs tulips and daffodils?

Amaryllis- Hippeastrum 'Exotica'

Kalanchoe hildebrantii -bloom about 1/4" across




























Clivia miniata almost in bloom
African violet 'Silverglade Meadows'

































Dendrobium atroviolaceum 'Pygmy' x 'H&R'

































Leptotes pohlitinocoi































Phalaenopsis orchid
Dendrobium Hsinying Cruenzuki
Phalaenopsis orchid
Tolumnia orchid

Tillandsia caput-medusae beginning to bloom

Phalaenopsis orchid



Phalaenopsis orchid
Phalaenopsis orchid


































Aeschynanthus 'Coral Flame'




Baptistonia echiniata or bee orchid
African violet 'Halo's Aglitter'
Thanksgiving cactus -bloom fell off today, but blooming all week
Double peach hibiscus
Euphorbia milii 'Fireworks'
Mini crown of thorns Euphorbia milii





































'Little Busybody'  semiminiature African violet
I hope you enjoyed these flowers on this first day of Spring.  Remember houseplants can make the winter bearable!

1 comment:

  1. The Mini Crown of Thorns inspired me, I'm going to try and root a cutting off of a large plant. Can't handle a full size one, and that mini more manageable.

    ReplyDelete