Saturday, August 2, 2014

Cultivate 14' New Houseplants

I just returned from Columbus OH having attended something called Cultivate 14', a trade show for the green industry. This event is a showcase for the new plants that have been released to the green world. I thought I would show some of the new houseplants. 

Ficus benghalensis 'Audrey'
I absolutely love this new ficus above. Its pink veins make all the difference.

Aglaonema 'Pink Jade'


There were a ton of new agloanemas. I loved this one because I thought it was a Ficus elastica of some sort. This plant group has come a long way from the mottled dark green leaves that used to be the only thing to choose from.









Aglaonema 'Emerald Holiday'



























Aglaonema 'Pink Valentine'

















Ficus microcarpa 'Moclame'




































Anthurium andreanum 'Orange Champion'



















































 
These two new anthuriums were beautiful. The orange one may look red at first until you scroll down and see the red one.

Anthurium 'Royal Champion'



































New Optimara African violet mySensation










































Of course I LOVED this new African violet by Optimara!  It is an amazing shade of green. For you African violet enthusiasts out there, yes, it does have 'Frozen In Time' ancestry.








Well, these are the plants I saw that are new to me and new to the industry. I hope you see these soon at an IGC near you. If you do, buy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment