Sunday, August 10, 2014

A Sunday Drive......To An Awesome Nursery!

My husband and I love to take "Sunday drives". Today we were on our way to Fernwood Botanical garden in SW Michigan, but decided not to go that far. We hit a couple of antiques stores on US 12 and just enjoyed the scenery. He did however take me to The Root System, an awesome specialty cactus and succulent nursery in Jonesville, Michigan. I love this place and the owner and I always have a great conversation about the plants. (I like to pick his brains about all the plants and how he grows them.) Following are some of the plants I saw there. Most of these plants were for sale, but some were the owner's personal plants, for display only.


Leuchtenbergia principis in bloom
Euphorbia viguieri capuroniana
Synadenium grantii

Faurcaria tigrina
I love how the spines on this tiger jaw above are pink!


Glottiphyllum hybrid

Orbea variegata

Euphorbia perrieri elongata

I love how the trunk of this Euphorbia above and below twists as it gets larger.





I can't remember the name of this cactus, but I loved the orange flower.




Sansevieria elliptica
I may have purchased one of these Sansevierias........

Euphorbia suzannae x bupleurifolia


Oreocereus trollii
....and this Euphorbia on the left and the Oreocereus below....













Euphorbia suzannae x bupleurifolia


Peperomia columella

 I had a great time today, mostly because I spent the day with my husband, but also because I was able to go to a great place filled with hundreds of cool houseplants! I hope you enjoyed visiting this place with me. This was just a smattering of what they had there.

No comments:

Post a Comment