Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Gnomes are for Houseplants, Too!

Maranta or prayer plant with gnome
I love gnomes and fortunately they are back in style. I know you've probably only seen them outside, but it doesn't have to be that way. I love the small ones that are meant for small pots and mine all end up in my houseplants inside.
Contemplating life in my Pachypodium lamerei or Madagascar Palm


"Hello out there......" in my Beaucarnea recurvata
Pothos 'N Joy'    He made it to the top!

A bird in the hand is worth two in the rabbit's foot fern! Davallia fejeensis
Philodendron 'Xanadu'
Fukien tea bonsai--I found this little guy at an antique store

I think this is a Wade figurine from Red Rose tea

Not a gnome, but a cute gargoyle, none the less



The gargoyle in this ficus was at a bonsai nursery. I wanted it very badly, but the price kept me away. I love the little gargoyle caught in the roots.

.






The close up of the gargoyle caught in the roots of this bonsai













Why not have fun with your houseplants?  Gnomes are a great way to do that. And they're cute, too! Now, the gargoyle.....not so cute. But I still love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment